Monday 3 November 2014

The Lane of life


                        Riding down the lane of life
                        I stopped to look and take some rest
                        And it was there I found my wife
                        Before I continued with my quest

                       Down endless lonely lanes I rode
                       My eyes fixed firm upon my goal
                       But she was there to share the load
                       And feed the yearning in my soul

                       I stopped again and as I lay
                       Upon the grass along the way
                       The air was filled with sheer delight
                       With children's laughter pure and bright 

                       And now the road it twists and bends
                       Towards a goal that never ends
                       I slow my pace and look around
                       So I will value what I've found


No comments:

Post a Comment